Soroptimist—the Best for Women
Who We Are
Soroptimist means "the best for women". Soroptimist International is one of the largest professional women's service clubs in the world committed to improving the lives of women and girls!
Soroptimist International of Raleigh, NC (SI Raleigh) is a local club of Soroptimist International. Our local service projects focus on:
- Improving the Economic Well Being of Women
- Ending Violence Against Women
- Soroptimist's Triangle Women of Distinction Awards
Annual Triangle Women of Distinction Awards Celebration
Before very long we'll be hosting our 2013 Awards event. It's going to be a great evening, so if you want to be included, it's time to SAVE THE DATE!
And of course you know it's never too early to. . .
For more information on the awards themselves, please select Awards on the menu to the left.
What We Do
Our Signature Project is our annual awards program. The three award categories we bestow have specific objectives that align with our mission:
- The first promotes economic independence for women by helping one or more women that have gone back to school to improve their lives while also supporting a family.
- The second promotes and recognizes the value of a lifetime volunteer spirit by honoring a young woman between 14 and 17 who has demonstrated exemplary volunteerism.
- The third honors a woman who has played an outstanding role in helping other women, something to which we all aspire.
Our focus on the economic independence of women has been reflected through our work with the Soroptimist International Professional Clothing Closet, which in 2008 became the Dress for Success Raleigh Branch.
In support of our commitment to end violence against women, we consider domestic violence, human trafficking and teen dating violence and abuse. In this arena we work primarily to raise awareness and foster action.
A portion of the funds we raise go to support international projects. Past examples include support of Hope and Homes for Children as they provide secure homes for children abandoned following Sierra Leone's protracted civil war, and support of Women for Women International, a provider of skills training, self reliance building, and business start up loans for female victims of war.
> Our members are professional women with business, management or executive skills who have a heart for service. To accomplish our goals, each member takes an active role in fundraising and hands-on service projects, all as volunteers.
We Are Committed to Making a Difference!
Soroptimist appreciates our SPONSORS.